Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Creative Time 3D Wednesday!

Hi and welcome to another My Creative Time 3D Wednesday!  For today Emma asked us to "alter something" :)  It could be anything.....a frame, a box, ect...
So I chose to alter a wooden frame I  picked up  at Michael's.  It was one of the unfinished wood frames that cost a dollar.

I love chicken decorations (for some reason! lol!) for my kitchen so I made this to hang up somewhere in there!


I forgot to take a picture of the frame before I covered it! oops!! :)

Anyway,  I started by painting the edges of the frame brown, I already had the paint on hand! Then I covered it with patterned paper from the Autumn Splendor collection by We R Memory Makers.  I used MCT's Spring Chicken Background stamps for the fun chicken wire behind the chicken!  The chicken is from the Country Life Cricut cartridge.  It is cut at 3".  I used MCTs Build A Banner Kit  for the banner and Anyday Bingo and Crossword for the letters.  I also used the Egg Dies from the Hello Spring set.  I stamped   the 5 cents from the Piles of Smiles set onto the layered tags from the Teeny Tag Greetings set.  The little stitched heart stamp on the tag is from the Beary Special Thoughts set!  I inked around EVERYTHING with TH distress ink in Vintage Photo and Tea Dye.  I added some raffia I had on hand and that was it!  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! 
Tracy

14 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Tracy!! What an adorable project!!!!
    TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, Tracy!!! I love the colors you used, and that is the cutest chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I had no idea those frames were only a buck! Going to keep an eye out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. This would have matched perfectly in my old kitchen .... which was done in chickens, eggs, and these colors! So super cute, Tracy! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect Kitchen decor item. Every single piece of it is PERFECT! LOVE the paper and you combined all the right MCT stamps and dies. This is going to be so fun for you to see every time you are in the kitchen. Awesome job. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure did a great job changing that plain frame into this beautiful one. How perfect is the background stamp? I love it!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy ~ Oh this is way too CUTE!! I have to say I LVOE chickens too! I just LOVE that you did the chickenwire, the eggs and oh my FAVORITE the banner! It seriously is super STUNNING!! No worries on the picture of the frame ~ I know what you are talking about! AWESOME project!!! Eeek forgot about LOVING the paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! In my very first apartment I decorated my kitchen with a cow theme...so I totally get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my stinkin goodness Tracy!!! This is just the cutest ever!!! I had no idea I loved chicken decor til NOW!!! Lol..I just LOVE it!!! Great job!!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT project idea Tracy!looks AWESOME:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo cute! Great color choices and your little chicken is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I LOVE this little chicken and the colors you chose to alter this frame! It's all perfect! That Chicken Wire background stamp is perfect for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. tracy, this is sooo cute! I almost love chicken wire as much as houndstooth! chickens are the perfect match with it!

    ReplyDelete